THE WEEK AHEAD
JANUARY 16 TO 20 16, 2023
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
Spirit Day – dress as your favourite
Popcorn for sale
Transfer Applications begin
NEXT WEEK’S CALENDAR
Monday, January 16
Tuesday, January 17
- Kindergarten dental/hearing screening
Wednesday, January 18
- Games Club
- Lunar New Year fundraiser pick up, 2:45 p.m.
Thursday, January 19
Friday, January 20
- Breakfast Club
- District Option application deadline
- PAC Movie Night
- January 20 is the deadline for District Option applications (Late French Immersion and Montessori, including Montessori Kindergarten siblings).
- A reminder there are district funds available for families who need support with field trips, school clothing, etc. Please see the school website for details.
- It’s Literacy Week: January 22-29. We’ll have Spirit Day on 25th, and Flashlight Friday on 27th.
- We are getting many students saying they are still hungry after eating lunch - please send extra, healthy snacks (not just candy!) for them to have at recess and lunch.
- If you ordered through our Lunar New Year fundraiser, pick up will be at 2:45 p.m. on January 18. Please come to the exit door (#16) by the Music Room.
- A reminder to order PAC hot lunches through Munch-a-Lunch on the school website:
Our School Story in Action
Each week, we will try to share a part of our School Story and how it applies to our community's daily learning. Our School Story is based on the Core Competencies found in the BC Curriculum.
This week, we would like to introduce the ADST (Applied Design, Skills and Technology) materials and learning space. Having open-ended materials and spaces allows students to explore their personal learning strengths and abilities.
This links to our School Story focus in the following way:
Identifying personal strengths and abilities - "Students acknowledge their strengths and abilities, and they intentionally consider these as assets, helping them in all aspects of their lives.”