This notice is also coming home as a paper copy today.
HOW TO BE PREPARED AND HAVE FUN AT THE ZONE TRACK MEET!
THURSDAY – MAY 25, 2017
1. WEATHER The Track Meet normally runs rain or shine, as long as the site is safe. In the event that the meet has to be postponed, it will be announced on CKNW 980 AM Radio that morning between 7:15 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. It will also be posted on our school website (steves.sd38.bc.ca). Please do not phone the school. If the meet is cancelled, we will enjoy a regular school day.
2. LUNCH There is a concession stand behind the grandstands, but there are few nutritional items for sale. A bag lunch is suggested (which should be labeled), and bring a water bottle to stay hydrated. STUDENT SAFETY IS IMPORTANT, THEREFORE, STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO TO MCDONALDS OR THE MALL, ETC. It is helpful to bring a labeled backpack to hold your food and extra clothing.
3. CLOTHING You will need warm, layered clothing, sunscreen and a hat, in addition to the regular physical education strip of T-shirt, shorts, warm-up suit and running shoes. Be prepared for cold, wet, windy or extremely warm weather. In case of rain, bring extra dry clothing to change into (socks, shoes, sweatshirt, etc.). Please label all belongings and do not bring any valuables. Come dressed in your P.E. clothing.
4. SCHOOL CLOTHING Please wear a Steves T-shirt, if you have one. School pinnies will be distributed to students at the track meet. Please return the pinnies immediately after the last event, to Mrs. Hunter or Ms. Lessoway.
5. CHECK THE TIMES OF YOUR EVENTS …below. If you have a track event and a field event at the same time, be sure to check in at the field event to register, then run your track event and return to the field event to participate
6. CHECK IN AND OUT Students driven to Minoru by parents MUST be sure to check in with Mrs. Hunter or Ms. Lessoway (in the Grandstand) when you arrive at the Track Meet, and check out with them before you leave after your last event or at the end of the day. Students will only be released to parents or designated adults.
7. STAY IN THE STANDS
… when not competing. We are seated in the grandstand – look for the Steves banner! Teachers will be in the stands to supervise students. Please be sure to check in with them when going to an event and when leaving the meet.
8. PLEASE DO NOT WALK ON THE TRACK!
9. KEEP THE GROUNDS TIDY. Please remember to put garbage in its place. There will be a massive clean up before the final track events and everyone is expected to pitch in to clean up.
10. GOING HOME When your event is over, you can go home with your parent (or adult responsible for you). All students must inform Mrs. Hunter or Ms. Lessoway when they are leaving Minoru Park.
REMEMBER TO BE PREPARED, PARTICIPATE TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY, AND HAVE FUN!
See attached Event schedule.